All moms know how painful it is for our babies while they are teething. Sometimes we don’t even notice that our baby is teething, until their big chewing teeth come out. Every baby is different, but they all have the same common signs of teething.
Signs Of Teething
The first tooth is what we are waiting for than any other tooth. I don’t know why, but the first tooth is always so magical.
I was waiting for my first tooth super excitedly every time my baby would cry I would say his teething, even if I wasn’t sure. When his first tooth wouldn’t come out, I searched the internet to find the top signs of a teething baby.
I was wrong he didn’t show any signs, but within the next few week after that his first tooth finally came out. These are the signs that helped me know.
- Babies sleeping and eating patter changes
- Profuse salivation
- Coughing and/or dry throat
- Also some babies can develop rashes around mouth and chin
- High sensitivity ( really attached to mom and breast milk)
- Runny nose
- Babies ball movement can happen more often and it could also change its texture
- Temperature rises, but stays below 101F
- Babies gums start swelling
- Itchy gums ( the baby will try to put everything into the mouth just to itch them)
These signs are the most common among all the babies. Even if you don’t have most of the signs from this list. A lot of baby drooling, and itchy gums is all you need.
I know all the moms wonder which tooth is going to be their first, and when to expect them. I was wondering my self and my mom gave me a chart of the teeth growth that she got from her doctor.
- Lower central incisors between 6 – 10 months shed between 6 – 7 years
- Upper central incisors between 8 – 12 months shed between 6 – 7 years
- Upper lateral incisors between 9 – 13 months shed between 7 – 8 years
- Lower lateral incisors between 10 – 16 months shed between 7 – 8 years
- Upper first molar between 13 – 19 months shed between 9 – 11 years
- Lower first molar between 14 – 18 months shed between 9 – 11 years
- Upper canine ( cuspid ) between 16 – 22 months shed between 10 – 12 years
- Lower canine ( cuspid ) between 17 – 23 months shed between 9 12 years
- Lower second molar between 23 – 31 months shed between 10 – 12 years
- Upper second molar between 25 – 33 months shed between 10 – 12 years
For me personally this chart helped it was off by just one tooth. We had one of our upper lateral incisor at 8 months. All the other teeth grew at the right speed and time. I am waiting for one more upper lateral incisor before the 9-month mark, I can already see the shape of the tooth that is trying to break true.
How To Help
There is a lot of different ways you can help your little one while they are teething. Their are home remedies, and medical tablets, gels.
Which method do you use? Let me know in the comment down below. Each baby has it’s own method that works just for him/her, don’t give up if one thing doesn’t work for your baby.
Try giving your baby a cold teething toy, it’s better to give your baby a refrigerator temperature toy. A lot of pediatrics say that freezer temperature is not good for babies. You can also do freezer if you like, during hot seasons it will melt really fast.
Giving your baby a cold wet cloth is also a good choice, babies during teething will chew on everything that comes near them. When you see your little one chewing something let it be, as long as it’s not harmful for the baby.
My own choices of medical tablets and liquids that I use for Angels teething are Camilia for teething, and Dr.Talbots Soothing tables (they come in day and night).
As for the gels I personally use it when the tooth is about to break true. I heard that gels slow down the process of teeth growing on some babies. If you can’t make up your mind or worried that this won’t work for your baby. Ask your pediatrics and they will gladly help you with the choice.
Angels first tooth popped out a day before he turned 6 months, and the second tooth the next day. In the beginning I didn’t know what signs to look for, and how the gums should feel when they are about to break true. Now I am getting better with each coming tooth.
His top Central incisors broke true the same way a day before his 8 months and within a week his second one did too and one of the lather incisor that I wasn’t expecting at all. I used the Camilia teething the first 3 teeth. Than I found the soothing tablets, for Angel they both work great.
Let me know if you ever used them and did they help your baby?