Today I want to talk to you about the new Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump that came out recently.
I know how pumping is important for us moms, and having a good suction and a quality in breast pumps is what we are all asking for.
Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
The new Medela breast pump was released 1 of October 2019, Medela company Is one of the most know company in the US and around the world. It’s a number one trusted company by hospitals, and by us moms.
They provide us with the best quality products, so we won’t have to worry about anything, and just continue carrying for our baby.
Rating: 4.1 out of 5
Price: $324.99 Amazon
What You Get
The new Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump comes in a full Set.
- 1 -breast pump with rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 4 – breast shields (21 mm & 24 mm)
- 2 – connector sets
- 4 – 5 oz/ 150 ml bottles with lids
- 2 – bottle stands
- 1 – tubing
- 1 – carry bag
- 1 – cooler with cooling element
- 1 – power adapter with USB charging cable
Medela has a one year and 90 days warranty, if your breast pump has a defect Medela will replace your breast pump at no charge to you.
Just register your Medela breast pump on their website as soon as you receive it.
You can register your new breast pump here.
What’s new in Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
Medela is creating new products every year, but why is their so much talk among the moms about the new Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump. Let’s talk about the manufacture description.
The new Medela breast pump can easily fit into your arm, when the older versions of Medela portable breast pumps were requiring a back pack or a purse to carry it around. The freestyle flex breast pump fits perfectly into your palm, it weight less than one pound and being only 6 inches long makes this pump great fit for any purse.
Medela Freestyle is proven to have quieter machine sounds, than the previous Medela breast pumps. It does have a small audio sound that happens when you turn on the pump, and when your at the middle of your pumping session.
One of Amazons customers from Canada said that this sound is so quiet that it doesn’t wake up anyone in the house during night pumps.
This pump contains basic function, on/off button, 2 stages. Increase stimulation or decrease button, and the last function is the 9 levels of suction.
It contains a rechargeable lithium ion battery, the company states that it can last up to 2 hours of constant pumping.
The difference between the new Medela breast pump and the older versions of portable pumps.
First change that we notice right away that it has been made significantly smaller, it’s size and shape puts a big plus to it’s portability.
Second changes that was made is the sound of the pump, while I was searching to find some cons and prose about the pump, a lot of people were commenting how quiet this breast pump actually is.
Third change in the pump is it’s performance of being able to help you produce more milk, in less time required.
Fourth change in the new Medela breast pump is the rechargeable battery which makes it, a lot more easy on you to use.
Fifth and the best change is the Bluetooth connections to an app on your phone, to help you track your pumping session.
Cons and Pros
Medela company gives us a lot of reasons to buy Freestyle Flex Breast Pump, but are their more cons than prose? Does the company really made a pump that can double your milk supply? Let’s see what other moms are saying about their new pump.
Their is a lot of cons in the new Medela breast pump, lets talk about the ones that moms are looking for in every pump.
- Size and Lightweight – Being under one pound this pump is really easy to carry around. It’s sizes just proves that no matter where you will need to go, you can take it with you.
- Time – Pumping could be a really time-consuming process, a lot of moms get frustrated about how much time they lose while having to pump. The new Freestyle Flex Breast Pump is proven by moms to pump faster than the previous owned breast pump by them.
- Adjustable – Adjustable Oval shape shields that can be rotated 360 degrees to fit any size and shape of breasts.
- Tracking – It has a connective Bluetooth app that will help you keep your pumping on track with how many sessions you had and the amounts you pumped.
- Power – This pump is not only rechargeable at home, but contains a USB to charge on the go. It can last up to 6 pumping sessions.
- Overflow – If your worried about your milk getting in your tubing, than you have nothing to worry about the new pump is overflow protected.
- Full Kit – With most pumps that you buy, you need to worry about getting your milk and pump storage bag separately. The new Medela breast pump goes with the full support packet.
It was hard to find flaws in this new breast pump honestly, Medela tried it best to create the best on the go pump. Going true more than 100 amazon reviews I was able to find small flaws in this new Freestyle Flex Breast Pumps.
- Part Cleaning – I noticed that in reviews for this pump, moms talk about having trouble cleaning the breast pumps parts, or pump parts having water inside of them, that won’t dry after a dishwasher cleaning.
- Suction – Some moms are saying that the suction on this pumps is worse than on their old pumps.
- Charging – Charging seems like another issue in this pump, Larrisa from Amazon commented “The only issue is the life on the battery. I charged it for the first 3 times and it was quick and long-lasting than it just completely didn’t want to charge fully. A good pump it’s just it wouldn’t FULLY charge. I FEEL like if it won’t fully charge it won’t last that long until it completely stops working/charging… “
Is It Worth It
I believe that a portable breast pump should provide 3 main functions, great suction, the less noise it makes the better, long-lasting battery. Every mom has her own opinions and requirements from a breast pump.
The New Medela breast pump has a lot of great new features, that help to make pumping an enjoyable time. Talking quality, the new Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump proves the quality more than 100 moms loved this pump and recommended it.
I personally don’t own this pump, but if I was choosing a portable pump for my self. I would of gave the Freestyle Flex Breast Pump a chance. If all ever have any problems with the pump I know that Medela will give me the best Customer Support.
Every mom knows what works best for her and pick a breast pump that fits her the best.
What pump are you using right now? Have you tried the New Freestyle Flex breast pump? Leave a comment for other moms to know if it’s worth it.